Not many to go know. Here we have the bulkhead getting a dose of lump hammer!!, an additional fuse box and a harness fitted.
April 2009: The rear part of the carb throttle linkage is fouling the bulkhead. I did not want to cut any metal out at this stage. The area was marked out ready for some action.
April 2009: It might be a bit crude but it did the job. The bulkhead was modified by gently!! tapping the bulkhead with a hammer until the required space was achieved. A quick coat of Zinc primer was given for some added protection. This will get tidied up when the car goes in for a full strip down and respray at the end of the year (that's the plan anyway).
April 2009: In order to provide power to the new fuel pump a new fuse box was fitted. The fuse box was fitted to the side of the radio housing which also gives it good access. A switched live was taken to the fuse box and the fuel pump connected to the other end using a 10 amp fuse for protection.
April 2009: To finish off I fitted the TRS 3 point harness originally destined for my V8 Cortina. This will makes sure I am starpped in for a bit of extra safety.
So did we make it to Round 1 of the Old Skool Ford Drag Championship? Well, it was very close and last minute. We managed to get the engine running, camshaft run in and engine timed by about 10:30pm on Friday night (15th April). The following morning (16th April) we took the car for a 16 mile round trip to get some fuel and makes sure the car ran OK. This proved successful so in the afternoon we loaded the car on the trailer and made our way to Shakespeare County Raceway some 170+ miles ready for Round 1 on the 17th April.
April 2009: Here you can see the car getting ready for staging. First run was against a monster of a V8 Viva drag car. What a breeze!!
April 2009: Here we are progressing down the strip at Shakespeare County Raceway making sure not to give too much throttle and making sure the revs are not too high on the new engine.
See Events - Drag Racing - OSFDC 2009 for results and more pictures.