Even though the Escort is on the road we still have a list of jobs that require to be done at some point in time.
- 2 x new front wings and front panel.
- 2 x Windscreen wiper blades. Done - January 2009.
- Sort out nearside water leak to inside of car. Completed - June 2010.
- Sort out rear water leak to boot. In progress - March 09.
- Clean seats and carpets.
- Sort out why heater fans do not work.
- Obtain and fit missing grill clips and screws.
- Obtain and fit center console. Decision not to fit - April 2009.
- Sort out oil leak. No leak - requires new rings - February 09.
- Make good rest of bodywork - in progress.
March 2009: Pictured above is a Goodridge braided hose kit for the brakes, a new fan belt, some ARP bolts for the lightened flywheel and a steel crank pulley.
March 2009: One reason for some water getting into the passenger footwell is this little hole. I have marked the area for grinding back and cutting out.
March 2009: The same as the passenger side, the drivers side had some signs of rust marks and when prodded created another hole for repair. I have also marked the area for grinding back and cutting out.
March 2010: The front is already getting stripped. You can clearly see the rusty edge of the wing and front panel.
March 2010: Much the same this side. Replacement wings will be fitted together with a new front panel.